Children and Families Information Service
Looking for childcare?
Want to find free and fun activities for your child?
The Children and Families Information is a free impartial telephone and web-based information, support and advice service for families of children and young people aged 0 to 25 years, and professionals working with them.
We can provide a wide range of services, activities and entitlements for families in Cumbria, including:
- local childcare providers including brokerage service
- free early years entitlement
- support and advice groups
- parent and toddler groups
- activities for children and young people
- services, a helpline, publications and websites
- financial help
- maternity and paternity rights and benefits
- parental rights
If you been unable to find the childcare you need, our brokerage Service may be able to help. We will contact providers on your behalf and do our best to help you find suitable childcare.
Who to contact
- Contact Position
- Information Service Adviser
- 03457 125 737 03457 125 737
- Family Information Directory
- Scan to visit this website
Where to go
- Cumberland Council
CA1 1RDView CA1 1RD on a map
- Other notes
The enquiry line is open 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
When the office is closed you can leave a message on the answerphone and we will get back to you as soon as we can.