Carlisle Mencap - Family Autism Information, Advice and Guidance Service
The Family Autism Information, Advice and Guidance Service provides advice and support to families of young people with Autism aged up to 19 throughout the county
- Do you have a child on the autism spectrum?
- Are you looking for advice, information or support?
- Are you struggling to access services?
- Would you like to talk about your child's condition?
Getting support for a child on the autism spectrum and their family is often far from straightforward. This is because not all people on the autism spectrum fit the traditional idea of disability. As many parents know this causes frustration. The team aims to support families to get the best out of existing services and identify gaps in provision to inform future service developments.
The Family Autism Advisors will provide information respond to telephone or email enquiries, and when necessary will visit parent/carers of children and young people with autism at home or in a mutually convenient location.
The project covers 5 district council areas previously known as Cumbria. These are Carlisle, Eden, Allerdale, Copeland and Furness. The Family Autism Advisors will work with families of children under the age of 19 who have a diagnosis of autism.
You can refer yourself to the service by contacting one of the team listed below or by contacting Carlisle Mencap.
The Family Autism Advisors only work part time and cover different areas:
- Carlisle & Eden is Karen Dickie
firstname.lastname@example.org or 07730536842
- Allerdale & Copeland is Emma Crabtree
email@example.com or 07900923900
- Furness is Nicola Brockbank
firstname.lastname@example.org or 07909231866
- South Lakes is Shirley Gilpin, email@example.com or 07795 346632
For more details download our leaflet on the right-hand side or contact us via our contact details.
Who to contact
- 01228 674 393 01228 674 393