Beetham C of E Primary School Logo Beetham CofE Primary School 

History of the School
There has been a school in Beetham since the late 16th Century. From the 17th Century the building opposite the present school, the old grammar school, was used. In 1904 the present building was built on the site of a former toll house, part of which can still be seen in the teaching area called the Rainbow Room. Over the last few years the school has been extended and updated to make it fit for education in the 21st Century but without losing the original features which give our school its character. 

Our Emblem 
Our school emblem is the Pied Wagtail. This is a busy and inquisitive bird, seen regularly in our playground, which reminds us of our duty to take care of the beautiful environment around our school.

School Opening Times
School is open each day from 8.40 am until 3.15 pm. Lunch break is from 12.15 until 1.15 pm. All children have a 15 minute break in the morning and the children in KS1 have a 10 minute break in the afternoon.

Registration takes place at 8.55 am and lessons start at 9.00 am. 

In addition, we offer a daily breakfast club from 8am, and tea club until 4.45pm.

Click here
 to be directed to St Michael & All Angels Parish Church website

Who to contact

Contact Name
Mrs Abi Johnson
Contact Position
015395 62515  015395 62515  015395 62515  015395 62515 
Scan to visit this website

Where to go

Stanley Street


View LA7 7AS on a map

Local Offer

Contact Name
Ms Wendy Nicholas
Contact Telephone
015395 62515
Contact Email 
SEN Information
Local Offer Age Bands


Save to shortlist

Last Updated

Last updated:

Skip back to top of page