Contact - the charity for families with disabled children
Contact run a free helpline for parents and carers who want to talk through their issues with one of our expert advisers.
Our helpline is for parents and carers in any part of the UK with a disabled child aged birth to 25.
Your child can have any kind of disability or additional need, and you do not need to have a diagnosis.
We can hep with:
- Special educational needs
Our education advisers can help:
If your child is struggling at nursery, school or college and you are not sure how to get the help and support your child needs.
- If you need help about transport to school or college
- If your child has health needs that affect their education or attendance at school
- If your child with SEND has other difficulties in education, including exclusion, bullying or discrimination
We can also put you in touch with local sources of help and advice:
- Getting a diagnosis and medical information
- Services your family might be entitled to
- Benefits and sources of financial help
- Support in the early years
Who to contact
- Contact Position
- 0808 808 3555 0808 808 3555
- Scan to visit this website
Email - response within 10 working days
Freephone - press 1, to speak to an education adviser, press 2 for all other helpline enquiries
Access to interpreters from Language Line Solutions
Facebook: facebook.com/contactfamilies - response within two working days
Twitter: @contactfamilies - response within two working days
Where to go
- Head Office
EC1V 1JNView EC1V 1JN on a map