Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP)
Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP) is extra government funding that supports children who are 3 and 4 year old in their development, learning and care.
The extra funding which is paid to the childcare provider can be used to assist the improvement of a child's early education. For example, by investing in additional staff training and resources to help enhance and further expertise in specialised areas, such as speech and language.
Is my child eligible?
Early Years Pupil Premium child and family eligibility criteria
- Income-based Jobseeker Allowance
- Income-related Income support
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided they're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- *Working Tax Credit run-on, which is paid for 4 weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit (net income threshold up to £7,400 per annum)
*If the family is in receipt of Working Tax Credit for more than the 4 weeks run-on, then the family do not meet the qualifying criteria
- Your child has been looked after by a local authority for 1 day or more
- Your child has been adopted from care
- Your child has left care under a special guardianship order or residence order
If any of the above applies to you please download and return the Early Years Pupil Premium Application Form [WORD 105kb] to your Free Early Education Childcare Provider.