The Children and Families Information Service provides free information, advice and guidance about a wide range of services, activities and entitlements for families with 0 to 19 year olds (or 25 if the young person has a disability or additional need) and the professionals working with them.
- local childcare providers including brokerage service
- free early years entitlement
- support and advice groups
- parent and toddler groups
- activities for children and young people
- services, a helpline, publications and websites
- financial help
- maternity and paternity rights and benefits
- parental rights
The enquiry line is open 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. When the office is closed leave a message on our answerphone and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
The service also provides:
- a range of information leaflets and newsletters
- audit and research statistics about provision for children in Cumbria
- a telephone helpline for existing and potential early years providers
- co-ordination for the Early Years census for Cumbria
Our Statutory Guidance for local authorities Childcare Act 2006 (PDF 2MB)
If you have been unable to find the childcare you need? Our Brokerage Service may be able to help. We will contact providers on your behalf and do our best to help you find suitable childcare.
Leaflets, Newsletters and Posters
A full range of the Children and Families Information Service can be found here